|Working With MCS - Typical Project Sequence
- Once the schematic/conceptual phase of the project is complete,
preliminary drawings and specifications are provided by the owner's architect and a realistic project budget is developed by MCS;
- Owner, architect and MCS review the budget findings and
recommendations. Any budget issues are discussed and resolved;
- MCS and owner develop a working agreement outlining fees, project delivery schedule, team responsibilities and contractual understandings based on either:
- a straight construction management (CM) service, in which the construction manager, as agent for the owner, solicits bids, negotiates and contracts with the trade contractors and suppliers with no maximum price guarantee, or;
- a guaranteed maximum price (GMP) service, in which MCS establishes a not-to-exceed price with a shared cost-savings clause.
- Upon acceptance of MCS's working agreement and owner's
authorization to proceed, the project begins.